Friday, 2 October 2015

Review: A Woman in Berlin: Eight Weeks in the Conquered City: A Diary

A Woman in Berlin: Eight Weeks in the Conquered City: A Diary A Woman in Berlin: Eight Weeks in the Conquered City: A Diary by Marta Hillers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is listed as best book I ever read on my shelf. The one which I will always admire as to become more human in my future life. This is not just a story of one woman in Berlin. But every single woman across the world. The story replicate centuries of reparation woman are facing in every day of there life. The sexual violence describe by the author is so honest, courageous and without self pity that it makes you think again and again about her. The picture of her survival make every women more angry and stronger. And It makes every men how shameless they were and are. According to the reports almost 2 millions women were raped, some of them raped 60 - 70 times, teen girls and even girls less than 10 years old were not even exception. The statement itself predict the heinousness and cruelness of the crime committed against women of Germany by war heroes from Russia, United States, United Kingdom and France.
I mind is rolling again and again into her life. I can't stop thinking about it. The certainly will make you cry, angry, excited. I have no words to describe any more the best way to find out what the book posses is to read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment